DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of hepatitis C virus (HCV) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report both the incidence and prevalence of HCV for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
DRG Epidemiology’s HCV forecast will answer the following questions:
- Of all people with HCV, how many in each country have been formally diagnosed?
- Of all people diagnosed with HCV, how many in each country are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of HCV over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods. In addition, we provide a graph of the patient flow between or within different disease states for the countries considered in this report. These patient-flow diagrams are provided at the regional level but may be requested for any specific country or forecast year.
DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following HCV patient populations:
- Total prevalent cases by viremic status.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases by drug-treated subpopulation.
- Total incident and total prevalent cases by subpopulation.
- Total prevalent cases.
Note: Coverage may vary by country and region.
- Hepatitis C Virus - Epidemiology - Middle East & Africa Data
- Key Findings
- Prevalence of Hepatitis C Virus per 1,000 People of All Ages per Year in 2021 and 2031
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in Prevalent Cases of HCV over the Next Ten Years
- Analysis of the Viremic Prevalent Cases of Hepatitis C Virus in 2021 by Genotype
- Analysis of the Prevalent Cases of Hepatitis C Virus in 2017 by Diagnosed and Drug-Treated Status
- Epidemiology Data
- Total Seroprevalent Cases
- Total Incident Cases
- Total Prevalent Viremic Cases
- HCV Genotype Prevalence
- Cirrhotic Status by Genotype
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Drug-Treated Prevalent Cases
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of HCV
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of HCV
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for HCV