DRG Epidemiology's coverage of immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP)comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations across the major mature pharmaceutical markets (the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, and Japan). We report both the incidence and prevalence of ITP for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets of the United States and Europe.
DRG Epidemiology's ITP forecast will answer the following questions:
- Of all people diagnosed with immune thrombocytopenic purpura, how many in each country across the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of immune thrombocytopenic purpura over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In addition to the total number of diagnosed cases for each forecast year, DRG Epidemiology also provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following immune thrombocytopenic purpura subpopulations:
- Diagnosed prevalent cases by drug-treatment status.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura - Epidemiology - Mature Markets Data
- Key Findings
- Prevalence of Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura per 100,000 Among People of All Ages in 2021 and 2041ttttttttt
- Relative Sizes of Contributing Factors to the Trend in Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Chronic Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura Over the Next Twenty Years
- Analysis of the Prevalent Cases of Chronic Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura in 2018 by Drug-Treated Status
- Epidemiology Data
- Diagnosed Incident Cases of Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Chronic Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura
- Drug-Treated Prevalent Cases of Chronic Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura
- Studies Excluded From the Analysis of Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura