Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) is an autoimmune disease that affects multiple organ systems of the body. SLE symptoms range from general malaise to serious CNS and renal manifestations. Hydroxychloroquine, corticosteroids, and conventional immunosuppressants are the mainstay treatments for SLE. Unfortunately, many patients with SLE fail to respond to these therapies and/or experience significant adverse events. In these patients, clinicians may utilize other available agents, such as the biologics Benlysta (GSK) and Rituxan (Roche / Biogen; off-label). This content provides manufacturers of current treatments and developers of novel SLE agents with insights into the use of SLE drugs and into the market trends in the SLE space.
· What patient shares do key therapies and brands garner by line of therapy in newly diagnosed SLE patients? What are the quarterly trends in prescribing among recently treated and newly diagnosed SLE patients?
· How has Benlysta been integrated into the treatment algorithm, and what is its source of business?
· What percentage of SLE patients receive drug therapy within one year of diagnosis, and how quickly? What percentage of patients progress to later lines of therapy within one year of diagnosis?
· What percentage of SLE patients are treated with monotherapy versus combination therapy? What are the most commonly used combinations?
· What are the product-level compliance and persistency rates among drug-treated patients?
Treatment Algorithms: Claims Data Analysis provides detailed, quantitative analysis of the treatment journey and brand usage across lines of therapy and overall using real-world, patient-level claims data so that marketers can accurately assess their source of business, benchmark usage against competitors, and quantify areas of opportunity for their marketed or emerging brand.
The Treatment Algorithms dashboard supplements our claims data analysis report and retains the full set of analyses included in the PowerPoint-based report. The interactive dashboard allows for easier navigation of data visualizations and provides more detailed analyses examining the flow of treatment regimens in newly diagnosed and recently treated patients.