Adult psoriasis represents an increasingly lucrative market for biologics to treat the moderate to severe population, for whom conventional systemic and topical treatments alone are not sufficient. Of the targeted therapies, Novartis’s IL-17 inhibitor, Cosentyx; Janssen’s IL-12/23 inhibitor, Stelara; and AbbVie’s TNF-α inhibitor, Humira, dominate the landscape. However, their patient shares are being challenged by the arrival of highly effective IL-23 inhibitors—particularly, Janssen’s Tremfya and AbbVie's Skyrizi.
- What patient shares do key therapies and brands garner by line of therapy in newly diagnosed [indication] patients? What are the quarterly trends in prescribing among recently treated and newly diagnosed [indication] patients?
- What patient shares do key therapies and brands garner by line of therapy in newly diagnosed adult psoriasis patients? What are the quarterly trends in prescribing among recently treated and newly diagnosed adult psoriasis patients?
- How have IL-17 inhibitors and IL-23 inhibitors been integrated into the treatment algorithm, and what are their sources of business?
- What percentage of adult psoriasis patients receive drug therapy within 365 days of diagnosis, and how quickly? What percentage of patients progress to later lines of therapy within 365 days of diagnosis
- What percentage of adult psoriasis patients are treated with monotherapy versus combination therapy? What are the most commonly used combinations?
- What are the product-level compliance and persistency rates among drug-treated adult patients with psoriasis?
Treatment Algorithms: Claims Data Analysis provides detailed, quantitative analysis of the treatment journey and brand usage across lines of therapy and overall using real-world, patient-level claims data so that marketers can accurately assess their source of business, benchmark usage against competitors, and quantify areas of opportunity for their marketed or emerging brand.
Markets covered: United States
Key companies: AbbVie, Amgen, Bausch Health, Eli Lilly, Janssen, Novartis
Key drugs: Cosentyx, Duobrii, Enbrel, Humira, Otezla, Remicade, Simponi, Skyrizi, Stelara, Taltz, Tremfya
- Psoriasis - Current Treatment - Detailed, Expanded Analysis Adult Psoriasis - Treatment Algorithms - Claims Data Analysis (US)
- Treatment Algorithms CDA Psoriasis (Adult) US 2021 Dashboard