Atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease (ASCVD) broadly covers coronary artery disease, including acute coronary syndrome, a history of myocardial infarction, stable or unstable angina, as well as cerebrovascular disease and peripheral arterial disease. Drug treatment is individualized for the diagnosis but generally involves lipid-modifying, antihypertensive, and antithrombotic therapies. Despite the heavy entrenchment of generics, branded options of note include the lipid-modifying agents Repatha, Praluent, and Vascepa, and the oral antithrombotics Brilinta and Xarelto. This report demonstrates how ASCVD is pharmacologically managed for newly diagnosed and recently treated patients in the United States.
- What patient shares do key therapies and brands garner by line of therapy in newly diagnosed ASCVD patients? What are the quarterly trends in prescribing among recently treated and newly diagnosed ASCVD patients?
- How has Vascepa been integrated into the treatment algorithm, and what is its source of business?
- What percentage of ASCVD patients receive drug therapy within one year of diagnosis, and how quickly? What percentage of patients progress to later lines of therapy within one year of diagnosis?
- What percentage of ASCVD patients are treated with monotherapy versus combination therapy? What are the most commonly used combinations?
- What are the product-level compliance and persistency rates among drug-treated patients?
- Markets covered: United States
- Key companies: AstraZeneca, Janssen, Boehringer Ingelheim, Eli Lilly, Sanofi, Amgen, Amarin, Novo Nordisk.
- Key drugs: Praluent, Repatha, Vascepa, Brilinta, Xarelto, clopidogrel, ezetimibe, SGLT-2 inhibitors, GLP-1 receptor agonists, ACE inhibitors, ARBs, beta blockers, CCBs, statins, fibrates, omega-3 acid ethyl esters.
Treatment Algorithms: Claims Data Analysis provides detailed, quantitative analysis of the treatment journey and brand usage across lines of therapy and overall using real-world, patient-level claims data so that marketers can accurately assess their source of business, benchmark usage against competitors, and quantify areas of opportunity for their marketed or emerging brand.
The accompanying interactive dashboard provides novel delivery of data with interactive visuals, easier navigation, expanded analyses, and quarterly data refreshes.
- Coronary Heart Disease - Current Treatment - Detailed, Expanded Analysis: Treatment Algorithms Claims Data Analysis - Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease (US) - 2021
- Treatment Algorithms CDA Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease US April 2021
- Treatment Algorithms CDA Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease US 2021 Dashboard