The past year has certainly been a time of change for Web of Science. Clarivate Analytics has renewed focus on Web of Science and our team has been working hard to build new features and introduce enhancements designed to modernize your discovery experience and enhance your analytics workflows. If you haven’t used Web of Science recently, you may want to check it out to see the exciting changes!
New Citation Report
The Citation Report is one of the most popular features in Web of Science and we’ve given it a complete overhaul, turning it into a modern, efficient, and interactive visualization for assessing research impact. You can learn more about key metrics, interact with the visualizations, and directly access citing items.
Improved usability and design
We’ve made a few changes to make Web of Science easier to use and bring time-saving features and data to the forefront:
- Updated “Select a Database” navigation: Easily locate any database you subscribe to
- Redesigned “Search” menu: Quick access to Cited Reference Searching, a powerful search function that is unique to Web of Science
- Improved metrics integration: Quickly identify top-performing papers by filtering for Highly Cited Papers and Hot Papers*
- Fast 5k for everyone: Output the “key fields” for up to 5,000 records at one time
- New output fields: Open Access; Highly Cited Papers and Hot Papers*
- Expand Marked List: Save up to 50 Marked Lists of up to 50K records each. Export all 50K records to InCites in one click
- Daily Updates: New content added to Web of Science Core Collection 5 days a week
New Discovery Workflows
*Must have access to Essential Science Indicators (ESI) to see Highly Cited Papers and Hot Papers data