Clarivate Epidemiology’s coverage of hepatocellular carcinoma comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report both the incidence and prevalence of hepatocellular carcinoma for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report. In addition to forecasting incident and prevalent patient populations, we estimate the number of drug-treatment opportunities in specific lines of therapy.
Clarivate Epidemiology’s hepatocellular carcinoma forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will changes in the levels of exposure to known risk or protective factors affect the number of people diagnosed with hepatocellular carcinoma each year?
- In developing countries, what impact will economic growth and development have on the number of people diagnosed with hepatocellular carcinoma each year?
- How will improvements in survival change the number of people living with a diagnosis of hepatocellular carcinoma?
- How will a declining risk of recurrence change the number of people diagnosed with hepatocellular carcinoma each year?
- Of all people with hepatocellular carcinoma, how many in each of the major mature pharmaceutical markets have been formally diagnosed?
- Of all people diagnosed with hepatocellular carcinoma, how many in each of the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
All forecast data are available on the Clarivate Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is provided for full transparency into research and methods. In addition, we provide a graph of the patient flow between or within different disease states for the countries considered in this report. These patient-flow diagrams are provided at the regional level but may be requested for any specific country or forecast year.
Clarivate Epidemiology provides at least 10 years of forecast data for the following hepatocellular carcinoma patient populations:
- Diagnosed incident cases of hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Diagnosed incident cases by stage distribution.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases by metastasis status.
- Advanced first-line drug-treatable hepatocellular carcinoma population.
- Advanced second-line drug-treatable population by treatment.
- Intermediate drug-treatable hepatocellular carcinoma population.
- Early drug-treatable hepatocellular carcinoma population.
… and more (details available on request).
Note: Coverage may vary by country and region.
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma - Epidemiology - Europe
- Key Findings
- Incidence of Hepatocellular Carcinoma per 100,000 People of All Ages per Year in 2019 and 2029
- Depiction of the Patient Flow for Hepatocellular Carcinoma in Europe, 2019
- Relative Sizes of the Factors Contributing to the Trend in Incident Cases of Hepatocellular Carcinoma over the Next Ten Years
- Number of Additional Incident Cases of Hepatocellular Carcinoma Incurred Over the Period 2019-2029 in the countries Under Study
- Diagnosed Incident Cases of Hepatocellular Carcinoma in the Countries Under Study by Stage
- Epidemiology Data
- Lifetime DALYs Gained
- Diagnosed Incidence
- Stage Distribution
- Recurrent Incidence
- Diagnosed Prevalence
- Drug-Treatable Populations
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Hepatocellular Carcinoma