DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of colorectal cancer comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report the incidence of colorectal cancer for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
In addition to forecasting incident patient populations, we estimate the number of drug-treatment opportunities in specific lines of therapy.
DRG Epidemiology’s colorectal cancer forecast will answer the following questions:
- In developing countries, what impact will economic growth and development have on the number of people diagnosed with colorectal cancer per year?
- How will improvements in survival change the number of people diagnosed with colorectal cancer per year?
- How will the declining risk of recurrence change the number of first-line drug-treatment opportunities for colorectal cancer?
- How will the epidemiology of colorectal cancer be impacted in the countries with colorectal cancer screening programs?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of colorectal cancer over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In addition to the total number of cases for each forecast year, DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following colorectal cancer subpopulations:
- Diagnosed incident cases of colon cancer by stage at diagnosis.
- Diagnosed incident cases of rectal cancer by stage at diagnosis.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of colon cancer by drug-treatment status.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of rectal cancer by drug-treatment status.
- First-line drug-treatable colorectal cancer population (mutated RAS) by treatment status.
- First-line drug-treatable colorectal cancer population (wild-type RAS) by treatment status.
- Second-line drug-treatable colorectal cancer population (mutated RAS) by treatment status.
- Second-line drug-treatable colorectal cancer population (wild-type RAS) by treatment status.
- … and many more (details available on request).
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Colorectal Cancer - Epidemiology - Europe
- Key findings
- Key updates
- Diagnosed Incidence of Colorectal Cancer per 100,000 per Year Among People of All Ages in 2021tttttttt
- Relative Sizes of the Factors Contributing to the Trend in Diagnosed Incident Cases of Colorectal Cancer over the Next Twenty Yearsttttttttt
- Analysis of the Diagnosed Incident Cases of Colorectal Cancer in 2021 by Stage Distribution
- Number of Additional Incident Cases of Colorectal Cancer Incurred over 2021-2041 in the Countries Under Study due to Trends in Risk
- Epidemiology Data
- Diagnosed Incident Cases
- Stage Distribution of Colorectal Cancer
- Recurrent Incident Cases of Colorectal Cancer
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Drug-Treatable Populations
- Drug-treated Populations
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Colorectal Cancer
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Colorectal Cancer
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Colorectal Cancer