Clarivate Epidemiology’s coverage of bladder cancer comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report both the incidence and prevalence of bladder cancer for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets of the United States, Europe, and Japan and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report. In addition to forecasting incident and prevalent patient populations, we estimate the number of drug-treatment opportunities in specific lines of therapy in the developed world.
Clarivate Epidemiology’s bladder cancer forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will changes in the levels of exposure to known risk or protective factors affect the number of people diagnosed with bladder cancer per year?
- In developing countries, what impact will economic growth and development have on the number of people diagnosed with bladder cancer per year?
- How will improvements in survival change the number of people living with a diagnosis of bladder cancer?
- How will the declining risk of recurrence change the number of people diagnosed with bladder cancer per year?
- Of all people diagnosed with bladder cancer, how many in each country in the developed world are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of bladder cancer over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the Clarivate Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods. In addition, we provide a graph depicting the patient flow between or within different disease states for the countries considered in this report. These patient-flow diagrams are provided at the regional level but may be requested for any specific country or forecast year.
Clarivate Epidemiology provides at least 10 years of forecast data for the following bladder cancer patient populations:
- Diagnosed incident cases of bladder cancer.
- Incident cases of bladder cancer by muscle invasiveness at diagnosis.
- Diagnosed incident cases of bladder cancer by stage at diagnosis.
- Locally recurrent incidence of bladder cancer.
- Second locally recurrent events.
- Third locally recurrent events.
- Incidence of metastatic recurrent of bladder cancer.
- Drug-refractory subpopulation(s).
- Drug-treatable non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer.
- Drug-treatable localized and resectable locally advanced muscle-invasive bladder cancer.
- Drug-treatable first-line unresectable locally advanced or metastatic bladder cancer.
… and many more (details available on request).
Note: Coverage may vary by country and region.
- Bladder Cancer - Epidemiology - Middle East And Africa
- Epidemiology Data
- Literature review (studies included in/excluded from the analyses of bladder cancer)
- Newly Diagnosed Incidence
- Stage and Risk Group at Diagnosis
- Diagnosed Prevalence
- Locally Recurrent Incident Cases
- Stage Progression Status
- Drug-Refractory Local Recurrence
- Metastatic Recurrent Incident Cases
- Drug-Treatable Populations
- Risk / protective factors applied to disease forecast models
- Reference Materials
- Abbreviation table