DRG Epidemiology's coverage of renal cell carcinoma comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations across the major mature pharmaceutical markets (the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom and Japan). We report both the incidence and prevalence of renal cell carcinoma for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets covered in this report. In addition to forecasting incident and prevalent patient populations, the number of drug-treatment opportunities at specific lines of therapy are also forecast across the major mature pharmaceutical markets.
DRG Epidemiology's renal cell carcinoma forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will changes in the levels of exposure to known risk or protective factors affect the number of people diagnosed with renal cell carcinoma per year?
- Of all people diagnosed with renal cell carcinoma, how many in each country across the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of renal cell carcinoma over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods. In addition, we provide a graphical depiction of the patient flow between or within different disease states for the major mature pharmaceutical markets. These patient flow diagrams are provided at the regional level, but may be requested for any specific country or forecast year.
In total, DRG Epidemiology forecasts 22 renal cell carcinoma patient populations, as follows:
- Diagnosed incident cases
- Diagnosed stage I-IV incident cases
- Diagnosed metastatic recurrent incident cases
- Diagnosed prevalent cases
- Diagnosed early stage (stages I-III) drug-treated population
- Diagnosed 1st line metastatic drug-treatable population
- Diagnosed 1st line metastatic drug-treated population
- Diagnosed 2nd line metastatic drug-treatable population
- Diagnosed 2nd line metastatic drug-treated population
- Diagnosed 3rd line metastatic drug-treatable population
- Diagnosed 3rd line metastatic drug-treated population
- Diagnosed 4th line metastatic drug-treatable population
- Diagnosed 4th line metastatic drug-treated population
- … and many more (details available on request).
Note: coverage may vary by country.
- Renal Cell Carcinoma - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
- Key Findings
- Key Updates
- Diagnosed Incidence of Renal Cell Carcinoma per 100,000 Per Year Among People of All Ages in 2019 and 2029
- Patient Flow Diagram for Renal Cell Carcinoma Across All Countries Under Study in 2019
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in Diagnosed Incident Cases of Renal Cell Carcinoma over the Next Ten Years
- Analysis of the Diagnosed Incident Cases of Renal Cell Carcinoma in 2019 by Stage Distribution
- Number of Diagnosed Incident Cases of Renal Cell Carcinoma Avoided over 2019-2029 in the Countries Under Study
- Epidemiology Data
- Diagnosed Incident Cases
- Stage Distribution of Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Histology Subtype
- Recurrent Incident Cases of Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Drug-Treatable Populations
- Drug-Treated Populations
- Lifetime DALYs Gained
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Risk/Protective Factors