Clarivate Epidemiology’s coverage of chronic kidney disease (CKD) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report the hospitalization rates of CKD for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered in this content.
Clarivate Epidemiology’s CKD forecast will answer the following questions:
- What is the stratification of renal anemia within total prevalent CKD by stage?
- Of all people with renal anemia, how many are receiving dialysis?
- Of all people with renal anemia, how many in each country acrossin the mature pharmaceutical markets have been formally diagnosed?
- Of all people diagnosed with renal anemia, how many in each country inacross the mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of renal anemia over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the Clarivate Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
Clarivate Epidemiology provides at least ten10 years of forecast data for the following CKDCKD patient populations:
- … and many more (details available on request).
Note: Coverage may vary by country and region.
- Renal Anemia - Epidemiology - Mature Markets Data
- Key Findings
- Total Prevalence of Renal Anemia per 1,000 People Aged 20+ in 2020 and 2040
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in Total Prevalent Cases of Renal Anemia Over the Next 20 Years
- Analysis of the Total Prevalent Cases of Renal Anemia in 2020 by Dialysis
- Epidemiology Data
- Total Prevalent Cases of Renal Anemia by CKD Stage
- Total Prevalent Cases of Renal Anemia by Dialysis
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of renal anemia
- Diagnosed drug-treated prevalent cases of renal anemia
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Renal Anemia
- Studies Excluded From the Analysis of Renal Anemia
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Renal Anemia