DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of gout comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report the prevalence of gout for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report.
DRG Epidemiology’s gout forecast will answer the following questions:
- In developing countries, what impact will economic growth and development have on the number of people living with a diagnosis of gout?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of gout over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In addition to the total number of cases for each forecast year, DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following gout subpopulations:
- Diagnosed 12-month prevalent cases of gout
- Diagnosed 12-month incident cases of gout
- Acute gout events per year
- Lifetime DALYs gained
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Gout - Epidemiology - Americas Data
- Key Findings
- Prevalence of Gout per 1,000 Among People Aged 20+ in 2019 and 2029
- Relative Sizes of the Factors Contributing to the Trend in Prevalent Cases of Gout over the Next Ten Years
- Analysis of Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Gout in the Countries Under Study in 2019 by the Number of Acute Events
- Number of Additional Prevalent Cases of Gout in 2029 in the Countries Under Study due to Trends in Risk or Survival
- Epidemiology Data
- Diagnosed 12-Month Prevalent Cases
- Acute Gout Events
- Diagnosed 12-Month Incident Cases
- Lifetime DALYs Gained
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Gout
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Gout
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Gout