Clarivate Epidemiology’s coverage of diabetic nephropathy (DN) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 14 mature and emerging pharmaceutical markets worldwide. We report the diagnosed prevalence of the disease for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report. In addition to forecasting prevalent patient populations, we estimate the number of drug-treatment opportunities in specific lines of therapy in the major mature pharmaceutical markets.
Clarivate Epidemiology’s DN forecast will answer the following questions:
- Of all people diagnosed with DN, how many in each of the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of DN over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the Clarivate Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In total, Clarivate Epidemiology forecasts DN patient populations, as follows:
- Diagnosed diabetes within total prevalent CKD.
- Diagnosed diabetes within total prevalent CKD, by severity.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of DN.
- Drug-treated cases of DN.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Diabetic Nephropathy - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
- Key Findings
- Prevalence of Diabetic Nephropathy per 1,000 People Aged 20 or Older in 2021 and 2041
- Relative Sizes of the Factors Contributing to the Trend in Prevalent Cases of Diabetic Nephropathy Over the Next 20 Yearsttttttttt
- Analysis of the Prevalent Cases of Diabetic Nephropathy in 2021 by Severityttttttttt
- Epidemiology Data
- Diagnosed Cases of Diabetes Within the Total Prevalent CKD Population
- Diagnosed Cases of Diabetes Within the Total Prevalent CKD Population by Severity
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Diabetic Nephropathy
- Drug-Treated Cases of Diabetic Nephropathy
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Diabetic Nephropathy
- Studies Excluded From the Analysis of Diabetic Nephropathy
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk / Protective Factors for Diabetic Neuropathy