Clarivate Epidemiology’s coverage of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in the major mature pharmaceutical markets (the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, and Japan). We report the prevalence of NASH for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Clarivate Epidemiology’s NASH forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will changes in the levels of exposure to known risk or protective factors affect the number of people living with NASH?
- Of all people with NASH, how many in each of the major mature pharmaceutical markets have been formally diagnosed?
- Of all those people formally diagnosed with NASH, what is their liver fibrosis stage?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of NASH over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on Clarivate’s Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In addition to the total number of cases for each forecast year, Clarivate Epidemiology provides at least 10 years of forecast data for the following NASH subpopulations:
- Advanced fibrosis status.
- Obesity status.
- Diagnosis status.
- Diabetes status.
- Fibrosis stage (F0-F4).
- Treatment status.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
- Key Findings
- Total Prevalence of NASH per 1,000 People Aged 0-85+ in 2021 and 2041
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in Total Prevalent Cases of NASH Over the Next 20 Years
- Epidemiology Data
- Total Prevalent Cases
- Total Prevalent Cases of NASH by Stage of Fibrosis
- Total Prevalent Cases by Obesity Status
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of NASH
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of NASH by Stage of Fibrosis
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of NASH With Type 2 Diabetes
- Drug-Treated Cases of NASH
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of NASH
- Studies Excluded From the Analysis of NASH
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk / Protective Factors for NASH