DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of dyslipidemia comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report the prevalence of dyslipidemia for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered.
DRG Epidemiology’s dyslipidemia forecast will answer the following questions:
- Of all people with dyslipidemia, how many in each of the major mature pharmaceutical markets have been formally diagnosed?
- Of all people diagnosed with dyslipidemia, how many in each of the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of dyslipidemia over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In addition to the total number of cases for each forecast year, DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following dyslipidemia subpopulations:
- Primary prevention—diagnosed prevalent cases.
- Primary prevention—drug-treated prevalent cases.
- Secondary prevention—diagnosed prevalent cases.
- Secondary prevention—drug-treated prevalent cases.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Dyslipidemia - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
- Key Findings
- Key Updates
- Total Prevalence of Primary Prevention Eligible Dyslipidemia per 1,000 People Aged 20 or Older in 2020 and 2040
- Relative Sizes of the Factors Contributing to the Trend in Total Prevalent Cases of Primary Prevention Eligible Dyslipidemia Over the Next 20 Years
- Total Prevalence of Secondary Prevention Eligible Dyslipidemia per 1,000 People Aged 20 or Older in 2020 and 2040
- Relative Sizes of the Factors Contributing to the Trend in Total Prevalent Cases of Secondary Prevention Eligible Dyslipidemia Over the Next 20 Years
- Epidemiology Data
- Total Prevalent Cases
- Total Prevalent Cases of Primary and Secondary Prevention Eligible Dyslipidemia
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Drug-Treated Prevalent Cases
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Dyslipidemia
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Dyslipidemia
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Dyslipidemia