DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of Sjögren’s syndrome (SS) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report both the diagnosed incidence and diagnosed prevalence of SS for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets of the United States, Europe, and Japan and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report.
DRG Epidemiology’s SS forecast will answer the following questions:
- Of all people diagnosed with SS, how many in each country are diagnosed with primary pSS, and how many with secondary SS?
- Of all people diagnosed with SS, how many in each country in the developed world are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of SS over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In total, DRG Epidemiology forecasts six SS patient populations, as follows:
- Diagnosed prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed incident cases.
- Diagnosed primary prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed secondary prevalent cases.
- Drug-treated prevalent cases.
- Non-drug-treated prevalent cases.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Sjogren's Syndrome - Epidemiology - Americas
- Diagnosed Prevalence of Sju00f6gren's Syndrome per 100,000 People Aged 20+ in 2020 and 2030
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Sju00f6gren's Syndrome over the Next Ten Years
- Analysis of Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Sju00f6gren's Syndrome in 2020 by Disease Subtype
- Diagnosed Prevalence
- Diagnosed Incidence
- Drug-Treated Prevalence
- Epidemiology Data
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Sju00f6gren's Syndrome
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Sju00f6gren's Syndrome
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Sju00f6gren's Syndrome