DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report both the incidence and prevalence of SLE for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets of the United States, Europe, and Japan and 10 years for the other countries covered.
DRG Epidemiology’s SLE forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will changes in the levels of exposure to known risk or protective factors affect the number of people living with a diagnosis of SLE?
- In developing countries, what impact will economic growth and development have on the number of people living with a diagnosis of SLE?
- Of all people diagnosed with SLE, how many in each of the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of SLE over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is provided for full transparency into research and methods. In addition, we provide a graph of the patient flow between or within different disease states for the countries considered in this report. These patient flow diagrams are provided at the regional level but may be requested for any specific country or forecast year.
In addition to the total number of cases for each forecast year, DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following SLE subpopulations:
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of SLE characterized by flares, persistently active disease, or both.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of SLE by LN status.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of LN by treatment status.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of nonrenal SLE by treatment status.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus - Epidemiology - Americas Data
- Key Findings
- Prevalence of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Among People of All Ages in 2021 and 2031
- Relative Sizes of the Factors Contributing to the Trend in Prevalent Cases of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Over the Next 10 Years
- Analysis of the Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus in 2021 by Lupus Nephritis Status
- Number of Additional Prevalent Cases of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus in 2031 in the Countries Under Study due to Greater Access to Healthcare and Improved Diagnosis
- Epidemiology Data
- Diagnosed Prevalence
- Diagnosed Prevalence by Comorbid Lupus Nephritis
- Diagnosed Prevalence by Flares and Persistently Active Disease
- Diagnosed Incidence
- Percentage Drug-Treated
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Studies Excluded From the Analysis of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk / Protective Factors for Systemic Lupus Erythematosus