Clarivate Epidemiology’s coverage of atopic dermatitis (AD) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report the prevalence of AD for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report.
Clarivate Epidemiology’s AD forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of AD over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the Clarivate Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
Clarivate Epidemiology forecasts the following AD patient populations:
- Total 12-month prevalent cases by clinical definition.
- Total 12-month prevalent cases by IgE-positive definition.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Atopic Dermatitis/Atopic Eczema - Epidemiology - Emerging Markets
- Key Findings
- Key Updates
- Total 12-Month Prevalence of Atopic Dermatitis by IgE+ Definition per 100 People of All Ages in 2020 and 2030
- Total 12-Month Prevalence of Atopic Dermatitis by Clinical Definition per 100 People of All Ages in 2020 and 2030
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in Total 12-Month Prevalent Cases of Atopic Dermatitis Over the Next 10 Years
- Epidemiology Data
- Total 12-Month Prevalent Cases by Clinical Definition
- Total 12-Month Prevalent Cases by IgE-Positive Definition
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Atopic Dermatitis / Eczema
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Atopic Dermatitis / Eczema
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Atopic Dermatitis / Eczema