DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of Sjögren’s syndrome (SS) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in the major mature pharmaceutical markets (the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, and Japan). We report both the incidence and prevalence of SS for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets.
DRG Epidemiology’s SS forecast will answer the following questions:
- Of all people diagnosed with SS, how many in each of the major mature pharmaceutical markets are diagnosed with primary Sjögren’s syndrome (pSS), and how many are diagnosed with secondary Sjögren’s syndrome (sSS)?
- Of all people diagnosed with SS, how many in each of the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of SS over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In addition to the total number of cases for each forecast year, DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following SS subpopulations:
- pSS with comorbid fibromyalgia.
- pSS with comorbid lymphoma.
- sSS with comorbid SLE.
- sSS with comorbid RA.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Sjogren's Syndrome - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
- Diagnosed Prevalence of Sju00f6gren's Syndrome per 100,000 Among People Aged 20+ in 2018 and 2038
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Sju00f6gren's Syndrome over the Next 20 Years
- Analysis of Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Sju00f6gren's Syndrome in 2018 by Disease Subtype
- Epidemiology Data
- Diagnosed Prevalence
- Diagnosed Incidence
- Comorbidities in Secondary Sju00f6gren's Syndrome
- Comorbidities in Primary Sju00f6gren's Syndrome
- Drug-Treated Prevalence
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Sju00f6gren's Syndrome
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Sju00f6gren's Syndrome
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Sju00f6gren's Syndrome