Clarivate Epidemiology’s coverage of methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report the incidence of MRSA for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Clarivate Epidemiology’s MRSA forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will changes in the levels of exposure to known risk or protective factors affect the number of MRSA events per year?
- Of all people diagnosed with MRSA, how many in each of the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of MRSA over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on Clarivate’s Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to Microsoft Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
Clarivate Epidemiology provides at least 10 years of forecast data for the following MRSA patient populations:
- Diagnosed MRSA events by treatment.
- Diagnosed MRSA events.
- Diagnosed MRSA events by bloodstream infection (BSI).
- Diagnosed MRSA events by complicated intra-abdominal infection (cIAI).
- Diagnosed MRSA events by skin and skin structure infection (SSSI).
- Diagnosed MRSA events by hospital-acquired pneumonia (HAP).
- Diagnosed MRSA events by healthcare-acquired pneumonia (HCAP).
- Diagnosed MRSA events by nosocomial pneumonia (NP).
- Diagnosed MRSA events by surgical site infection (SSI).
- Diagnosed MRSA events by SSSI and complicated skin and skin structure infection (cSSSI).
- … and more (details available on request).
Note: Coverage may vary by country and region.