DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of sickle cell disease (SCD) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in the major mature pharmaceutical markets in North America and Europe (the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom). We report the diagnosed prevalence of SCD for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
The patient populations are forecast over a period of ten years.
DRG Epidemiology’s SCD forecast will answer the following questions:
- Of all people diagnosed with SCD, how many in each of the pharmaceutical markets under study are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of SCD over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In addition to the total number of cases for each forecast year, DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following SCD subpopulations:
- Diagnosed prevalent cases by disease subgroup.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases by treatment status.
Note: coverage may vary by country.
- Sickle Cell Disease - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
- Key Findings
- Prevalence of Sickle Cell Disease per 1,000 People of All Ages in 2021 and 2031
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in Prevalent Cases of Sickle Cell Disease Over the Next 10 Years
- Analysis of the Prevalent Cases of Sickle Cell Disease in 2021 by Disease Subgroup
- Analysis of the Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Sickle Cell Disease in 2021 by Drug-Treated Status
- Epidemiology Data
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases by Disease Subgroup
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases by Treatment Status
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Sickle Cell Disease
- Studies Excluded From the Analysis of Sickle Cell Disease
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Sickle Cell Disease
- Abbreviation Table