Clarivate Epidemiology's coverage of coronary heart disease (CHD) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations across 45 countries worldwide. We report both the incidence and prevalence of CHD for each country as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report.
Clarivate Epidemiology's CHD forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will changes in the levels of exposure to known risk or protective factors affect the number of people living with a diagnosis of CHD?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of CHD over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the Clarivate Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In total, Clarivate Epidemiology forecasts four CHD patient populations, as follows:
- Diagnosed prevalent cases: CHD.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases: CHD with stable angina.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases: CHD with no stable angina.
- Diagnosed incident cases : CHD.
Note: coverage may vary by country.
- Coronary Heart Disease - Epidemiology - Europe
- Key Findings
- Diagnosed Prevalence of Coronary Heart Disease per 1,000 People of All Ages in 2021 and 2041
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in the Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Coronary Heart Disease over the Next 20 Years
- Analysis of Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Coronary Heart Disease Across the Countries Under Study in 2021 by Comorbidity
- Epidemiology Data
- Diagnosed Prevalence
- Diagnosed Incidence
- Diagnosed Coronary Heart Disease With Stable Angina
- Lifetime DALYs Gained
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Chronic Heart Disease
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Chronic Heart Disease
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for CHD