Clarivate Epidemiology’s coverage of acute heart failure (AHF) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report the hospitalization rate of AHF for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered in this content.
Clarivate Epidemiology’s AHF forecast will answer the following questions:
- Of all AHF hospitalizations, how many in each of the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of AHF over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the Clarivate Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In addition to the total number of cases of AHF for each forecast year, Clarivate Epidemiology provides at least 10 years of forecast data for the following subpopulations:
- Diagnosed events: AHF primary diagnoses with hypotension.
- Diagnosed events: AHF primary diagnoses with no hypotension.
- Diagnosed events: AHF secondary diagnoses with hypotension.
- Diagnosed events: AHF secondary diagnoses with no hypotension.
- Diagnosed events: AHF by hypertension status.
- Diagnosed events: AHF by reduced versus preserved or mid-range ejection fraction.
- Diagnosed events: AHF by drug-treatment status.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Acute Heart Failure - Epidemiology - Emerging Markets
- Key Findings
- Acute Heart Failure Hospitalizations per Year per 1,000 People Aged 20+ in 2021 and 2031
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in AHF Events Over the Next 10 Years
- Epidemiology Data
- Diagnosed Events
- Drug-Treated Events
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Acute Heart Failure
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Acute Heart Failure
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Acute Heart Failure