DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of neuropathic back pain (NBP) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report the prevalence of NBP for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets of the United States, Europe, and Japan and 10 years for the other countries covered.
DRG Epidemiology’s NBP forecast will answer the following questions:
- Of all people with NBP, how many in each of the major mature pharmaceutical markets have been formally diagnosed?
- Of all people diagnosed with NBP, how many in each of the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of NBP over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is provided for full transparency into research and methods.
- Neuropathic Back Pain - Epidemiology - Europe
- Key Findings
- Total Prevalence of Neuropathic Back Pain per 100 People Aged 20+ in 2018
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in Total Prevalent Cases of Neuropathic Back Pain over the Next 20 Years
- Epidemiology Data
- Total Prevalent Cases
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Drug-Treated Cases
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Neuropathic Back Pain
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Neuropathic Back Pain
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Neuropathic Back Pain