DRG Epidemiology's coverage of OSA comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations across the major mature pharmaceutical markets (the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, and Japan). We report the prevalence of OSA for each country as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets.
DRG Epidemiology's OSA forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will changes in the levels of exposure to known risk or protective factors affect the number of people living with OSA?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of OSA over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In addition to the total number of cases for each forecast year, DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following OSA subpopulations:
- Total prevalent cases.
- Total prevalent cases by comorbidity.
- Total prevalent cases by severity.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
- Key Updates
- Total Prevalence of Obstructive Sleep Apnea per 1,000 People Aged 20+ in 2021 and 2041ttttttttt
- Relative Sizes of the Factors Contributing to the Trend in Total Prevalent Cases of Obstructive Sleep Apnea Over the Next 20 Yearsttttttttt
- Number of Additional Total Prevalent Cases of Obstructive Sleep Apnea in 2041 in the Countries Under Study due to Trends in Risk or Survivalttttttttt
- Epidemiology Data
- Total Prevalent Cases
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Total Prevalent Cases by Severity
- Total Prevalent Cases by Comorbidity
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Risk / Protective Factors
- Risk / Protective Factors for Obstructive Sleep Apnea