Clarivate Epidemiology's coverage of Crohn's disease (CD) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report both the incidence and prevalence of CD for each country as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report. In addition to forecasting incident and prevalent patient populations, the number of drug-treatment opportunities at specific lines of therapy are forecast across the major mature pharmaceutical markets.
Clarivate Epidemiology's CD forecast will answer the following questions:
- Of all people diagnosed with CD, how many in each country in the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of CD over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the Clarivate Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In total, Clarivate Epidemiology forecasts 15 CD patient populations, as follows:
- Diagnosed prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed incident cases.
- Diagnosed drug-treated (acute setting) prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed non-drug-treated (acute setting) prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed drug-treated (maintenance setting) prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed non-drug-treated (maintenance setting) prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed B1 (nonstricturing, nonfistulizing) prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed B2 (stricturing) prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed B3 (penetrating) prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed L1 (terminal ileum) prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed L2 (colonic) prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed L3 (ileocolonic) prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases in remission.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases with low activity.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases with high activity.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Crohn's Disease - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
- Key Findings
- Prevalence of Crohn's Disease per 100,000 People of All Ages in 2021 and 2041tttttttt
- Relative Sizes of the Factors Contributing to the Trend in Prevalent Cases of Crohn's Disease Over the Next 20 Yearsttttttttt
- Analysis of Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Crohn's Disease in the Countries Under Study in 2021 by Disease Behaviorttttttttt
- Epidemiology Data
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Diagnosed Incident Cases
- Drug-Treated Cases
- Disease Behavior
- Disease Location
- Disease Severity
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Crohn's Disease
- Studies Excluded in the Analysis of Crohn's Disease
- Risk/Protective Factor