DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of Huntington’s disease (HD) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in the Middle East and Africa (Egypt, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, and South Africa). We report the prevalence of the disease for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
DRG Epidemiology’s HD forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of HD over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In addition to the total number of cases for each forecast year, DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following HD subpopulations:
- Diagnosed prevalence of premanifest HD.
- Diagnosed prevalence of manifest HD.
- Diagnosed incident cases of manifest HD.
- Diagnosed population at risk.
- Diagnosed prevalence of manifest HD by disease stage.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Huntington's Disease - Epidemiology - Middle East And Africa
- Key Findings
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Manifest Huntington's Disease per 100,000 People of All Ages in 2019 and 2029
- Patient-Flow Diagram for Huntington's Disease in All Countries Under Study in 2019
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Manifest Huntington's Disease over the Next Ten Years
- Epidemiology Data
- Diagnosed Population at Risk of Huntington's Disease
- Diagnosed Incident Cases of Manifest Huntington's Disease
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Huntington's Disease
- Diagnosed Prevalence of Huntington's Disease by Manifest Status
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Manifest Huntington's Disease by Disease Stage
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Huntington's Disease
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Huntington's Disease
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Huntington's Disease