Clarivate Epidemiology’s coverage of AD comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations across 45 countries worldwide. We report both the diagnosed prevalence and the diagnosed incidence of AD for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets of the United States, Europe, and Japan, and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report.
All forecast data are available on the Clarivate Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
Clarivate Epidemiology’s AD forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will changes in the levels of exposure to known risk or protective factors affect the number of people diagnosed with AD per year?
- How will improvements in survival change the number of people living with a diagnosis of AD?
- Of all people with AD, how many in each of the major mature pharmaceutical markets have been formally diagnosed?
- Of all people diagnosed with AD, how many in each of the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of AD over the forecast period?
In addition to the total number of cases for each forecast year, Clarivate Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following AD subpopulations:
- Total prevalent cases of asymptomatic AD.
- Total prevalent cases of MCI due to AD by symptoms.
- Total prevalent cases of symptomatic MCI due to AD by diagnosis status.
- Total prevalent cases of AD.
- Total prevalent cases of AD by severity (mild, moderate, severe).
- Total prevalent cases of AD by diagnosis status.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of AD by symptom status (agitation, depression, hallucinations).
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of MCI due to AD by drug-treatment status
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of AD by drug-treatment status.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of mild AD by drug-treatment status.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of moderate AD by drug-treatment status.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of severe AD by drug-treatment status.
… and many more (details available on request).
Note: Coverage may vary by country and region.
- Alzheimer's Disease - Epidemiology - Epidemiology Dashboard
- Alzheimer's Disease Epidemiology Dashboard