DRG Epidemiology's coverage of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations across the major mature pharmaceutical markets (the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom and Japan). We report both the incidence and prevalence of AIS for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
DRG Epidemiology's AIS forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will changes in the levels of exposure to known risk or protective factors affect the number of events of AIS per year?
- Of all AIS events, how many in each country across the major mature pharmaceutical markets have been formally diagnosed?
- Of all AIS events, how many in each country across the developed world are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of AIS over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In addition to the total number of cases for each forecast year, DRG Epidemiology also provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following AIS subpopulations:
- Total events by diagnosis status
- Diagnosed events by time to hospital presentation
- Diagnosed events by drug-treatment status
- Twelve-month diagnosed prevalent cases
- Life-time diagnosed prevalent cases
Note: coverage may vary by country and region.
- Ischemic Stroke - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
- Key Findings
- Total Event Estimates of Ischemic Stroke per 1,000 People of All Ages in 2021
- Relative Sizes of the Factors Contributing to the Trend in Total Events of Ischemic Stroke Over the Next 10 Years
- Analysis of Diagnosed Events of Ischemic Stroke in the Countries Under Study in 2021 by Time Between Stroke Onset and Presentation to a Hospitalttttttttt
- Analysis of the Total Events of Ischemic Stroke in 2021 by Diagnosed and Drug-Treated Statusttttttttt
- Number of Total Events of Ischemic Stroke Avoided Over 2021-2031 in the Countries Under Study due to Trends in Riskttttttttt
- Epidemiology Data
- Total Events
- Total Lifetime Prevalent Cases
- Diagnosed 12-Month Prevalent Cases
- Time Between Stroke Onset and Presentation to a Hospital
- Diagnosed Events of Ischemic Stroke
- Diagnosed Drug-Treated Events of Ischemic Stroke
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Ischemic Stroke
- Studies Excluded From the Analysis of Ischemic Stroke
- Risk / Protective Factors
- Risk / Protective Factors for Ischemic Stroke