Rabat, Morocco, November 5, 2018: Clarivate Analytics, the global leader in providing trusted insights and analytics to enable researchers to accelerate discovery, has partnered with the Moroccan National Center for Scientific and Technical Research (CNRST) to firmly place Moroccan research on the global scientific map. CNRST is a public institution formed by the Moroccan Ministry of Higher Education and is responsible for the promotion, development, and enhancement of national scientific research.
Through this partnership, researchers from all 13 public universities in Morocco will have access to the Web of Science – the world’s most trusted bibliometric platform, and InCites, a world-class benchmarking and analytics tool. In striving for scientific excellence, the aim of the partnership is to help enhance the quality of national research output, improve the global visibility of Moroccan journals and support the visibility and ranking of the country’s universities.
Annette Thomas, CEO, Scientific & Academic Research division at Clarivate Analytics said:
“We are proud to partner with CNRST to support Morocco’s national vision for the sustainable development of education and scientific research, improving productivity in terms of technology and innovation and maintaining competitiveness both nationally and internationally.”
Mr. Mohamed Khalfaoui, Director of CNRST, said:
“Our partnership with Clarivate Analytics illustrates the effort made by our Minister Professor Saiid AMZAZI, to develop scientific research and excellence in our country.”
This partnership will run over a three year period.
The Centre National pour la Recherche Scientifique et Technique (CNRST) is a public institution. Within the framework of the government’s policy, the CNRST’s assignment is to promote, develop, and value scientific research, according to the country’s cultural and socio-economic needs. It acquires a central role by providing universities and research centers with advanced tools and infrastructures that meet their needs. In order to achieve these objectives, it is in charge of:
- Putting in place research and technological development programs in accordance with the priorities established by the government;
- Contributing to the diffusion of scientific and technical information, to the publication of scientific papers, and to ensure technological surveillance activities;
- Reinforcing the national research infrastructure ;
- Assisting research operators and contributing to the valuation and the transfer of scientific research results;
- Establishing conventions and associative contracts with public or private research organizations and institutes;
- Creating synergies between the different research teams that work on priority themes (networks, research programs);
- Proceeding to the evaluation and follow up of all the research activities in which it is involved;
- Contributing to the effort of implicating Moroccan researchers residing abroad in national scientific research.
About Web of Science
Web of Science is the world’s most trusted and largest publisher-neutral citation index, powering global discovery and citation analytics across the sciences, social sciences and art & humanities. With over 1.4 billion cited references going back to 1900 and millions of users per day – from leading government and academic institutions and research-intensive corporations – the Web of Science citation network serves as the foundation for the Journal Impact Factor, InCites and other powerful and trusted citation-impact measures. The Web of Science helps researchers, research institutions, publishers and funders discover and assess the citation impact of over a century of research publications found in the most prestigious books, conference proceedings and journals.
About Clarivate Analytics
Clarivate Analytics is the global leader in providing trusted insights and analytics to accelerate the pace of innovation. Building on a heritage going back more than a century and a half, we have built some of the most trusted brands across the innovation lifecycle, including Web of Science, Cortellis, Derwent, CompuMark, MarkMonitor, and Techstreet. Today, Clarivate Analytics is a new and independent company on a bold entrepreneurial mission to help our clients radically reduce the time from new ideas to life-changing innovations.
For more information, please visit clarivate.com / https://www.facebook.com/clarivate/ T: @clarivate
External Communications Manager