Effective date: January 31, 2022
This supplemental Brazil privacy notice (“Brazil Privacy Notice”) describes how Clarivate Plc and our group companies (“we”) collect, use and disclose the personal data of eligible Brazilian residents under the Lei Geral de Proteção de Dados No. 13.709/2018 or General Data Protection Law (“LGPD”).
This Brazil Privacy Notice applies to personal data collected by our websites, applications, services and products (collectively “services”), and in the course of routine offline business contact with you. This notice does not apply to the personal data we collect from employees or job applicants.
Any terms defined in the LGPD have the same meaning when used in this Brazil Privacy Notice.
If you are not located in Brazil, this Brazil Privacy Notice does not apply to you. Please refer to our Corporate Privacy Notice.
2. Collection and sharing of personal data
Please refer to our Corporate Privacy Notice for a full description of the types of personal data that we collect (see “What types of personal information we process”) and how we share this data with third parties (see “Who will access your personal data”).
Our Corporate Privacy Notice also provides details about Clarivate’s responsibilities when handling your personal data (for example, see “How we secure your personal data”).
3. Purposes for processing your personal data
We may process your personal data on one or more of the following legal bases:
- when necessary to enter into a contract with you or a legal entity you represent, to perform our contractual obligations, to provide Clarivate services, to respond to requests from you, or to provide customer support;
- where we have a legitimate interest, as described in our Corporate Privacy Notice (see “Purposes for processing your personal data”);
- as necessary to comply with relevant law and legal obligations, including to respond to lawful requests and orders; or
- with your consent.
4. Your rights
If you are in Brazil, the rights outlined in our Corporate Privacy Notice (see “Understanding your data rights”) are available to you. In addition to those rights, you have the right under the LGPD to:
- confirmation of whether we process your personal data;
- anonymization, blocking, or deletion of any unnecessary or excessive data or data processed in noncompliance with the provisions of the LGPD;
- deletion of personal data processed with your consent;
- information about the entities with whom your personal data is shared and the purpose for which they will use it (see “Who will access your personal data” of our Corporate Privacy Notice); and
- information about the possibility of denying consent and the consequences of denial.
5. Exercising your data subject rights
You can exercise your data subject rights by submitting a request through our webform.
Requests made under the data subject’s rights section of the LGPD (Art. 18) are free of charge. Note that your rights under the LGPD are subject to exceptions, as outlined in the LGPD. For example, we may not be able to delete information where we have a legal obligation to maintain it.
While we hope you will reach out to our dedicated team of privacy professionals first, you have the right file a complaint with Brazil’s National Data Protection Authority (“ANPD”) through its official channels.
6. Identification of Data Controller
When Camelot Servicos Anliticos Brasil Ltda provides our services, the following entity is the controller of personal data collected or processed:
Camelot Servicos Anliticos Brasil Ltda
Sao Pauolo Location:
Rua Arandú, # 57, 12th Floor, Brooklin,
CEP 04562-030, Sao Paulo – SP, Brasil
Corporate Financial Center, 504, Asa Norte BL A,
Setor Comercial Norte Q D – Brasilia,
Federal District, 70712-900, Brasil
Clarivate’s Chief Privacy Officer serves as its data protection officer for the purposes of the LGPD. To reach the Chief Privacy Officer and the Clarivate privacy team, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Transferring your personal data outside of Brazil
Clarivate is a global business, and your data may be transferred to countries with different privacy and data protection laws than your own, including to countries such as the United States. When transferring data across borders, we take measures to comply with applicable data protection laws related to such transfer.
We reserve the right to change this Brazil Privacy Notice from time to time. Changes to this Brazil Privacy Notice shall be made in accordance with our Corporate Privacy Notice (see “How you will know if we make changes to this notice”).
9. Contact Us
You can find additional information about our global privacy standards at our Privacy Center. If you have any questions about this Brazil Privacy Notice or about how we process your personal data, please email us at email@example.com.