It can be frustrating when you don’t have information at your fingertips. With IP departments under increasing scrutiny, the pressure to deliver value add is more extreme than ever. IP professionals often face the challenge of pulling and manipulating data from multiple sources manually which can be inefficient, suboptimal and tedious. Dashboards are the key.
Better decisions through dashboards
Business intelligence dashboards (sometimes referred to as enterprise dashboards) are an analytics tool used to visualise Big Data across all industries. These dashboards provide critical reporting and metrics information and are integral in Business Performance Management. Much like the dashboard in your vehicle, dashboards display real-time key metrics and performance indicators, guiding decisions and better navigating the surrounding landscape.
Dashboards are vital to IP decision making
IP Professionals use dashboards to quickly gain insights into the most important aspects of their data. They get real time insights and competitive analyses, and use them to identify items that require urgent action, streamlining workflows and properly purposing resources. IP dashboards are especially helpful when:
- Managing, creating and sharing reports, which can be a resource-intensive activity requiring a significant amount of upkeep and modification to meet differing – and sometimes competing – requirements
- Monitoring filings based on business unit, geographic regions and submissions over time
- Quarterly and annual reporting, including spend over time
- Reporting on tasks/work assignments/workload
- Personalising content for each type of user, such as Attorney view vs operations view
Personalised dashboards for a complete view
We understand the imperative for dashboards in IP. We provide you with the ability to manage, create and share reports, monitor filings and personalise content. Our dashboards enable you to:
- Build and customize a wide variety of charts and graphs including Grouped/Stacked bar, Grouped/Stacked Line and Pie
- Publish and share dashboard content with stakeholders and external partners
- Schedule reports for automated delivery based on your preferred frequency, i.e., your corporate fiscal year
Business intelligence dashboard: See more, do more
Dashboards bring speed, but they also bring versatility; view the data the way that suits you best or the way that’s best for sharing and storytelling to promote better understanding of IP performance throughout your organisation.
If you or your organisation are looking for a better business intelligence dashboard, or if you are already a customer using FoundationIP or IPfolio, our dashboards will help you understand your environment, better navigate the landscape and make the very best business decisions.