London, United Kingdom; New Delhi, India, Friday 27th September 2019 – Clarivate Analytics, a global leader in trusted insights and analytics for research and innovation, has announced the seventh edition of the India Research Excellence – Citation Awards. Since 2004, Clarivate Analytics has presented these awards to identify and recognize the most influential researchers and institutions for their outstanding and pioneering research contribution to the country.
This year’s awards were announced at an evening event at the Hotel Sheraton, New Delhi. Distinguished speakers included Prof. Ashutosh Sharma, Secretary, Department of Science and Technology, Dr. Bhushan Patwardhan, Vice-Chairman, University Grants Commission, and Dr. Anand Desai, Research Policy and Assessment Advisor, Institute for Scientific Information. The awards ceremony celebrated eight individual researchers and eleven institutions for their exemplary research contributions.
The awards were based on in-depth analysis conducted on data from the Web of Science citation index and InCites – a research performance and benchmarking tool. Highly cited research publications that imply high impact research published during the period 2012-2018 were an important criterion, among others, for the analysis. An expert panel at the Institute for Scientific Information (ISI) took the metrics and qualitative review into consideration to decide on the recipient for each category.
Arvind Pachhapur, South Asia Head Clarivate Analytics, said: “We are grateful for this opportunity to recognize research excellence in India. The country and the world at large benefits from impactful research that advances the frontiers of knowledge. These awards celebrate the research excellence demonstrated by many outstanding researchers and institutions as captured in Web of Science.”
The individual award recipients are:
- Gautam R. Desiraju, Lifetime Achievement
- Sujit Ghosh, Young Researcher
- Dr. Vinod Kumar Gupta, Research Excellence in Natural Sciences
- Anuradha Chowdhary, Research Excellence in Medical and Health Sciences
- Dinesh Mohan, Research Excellence in Engineering and Technology
- Narpinder Singh and Dr. Amritpal Kaur, Research Excellence in Agricultural Sciences
- Vikram Patel, Research Excellence in Social Sciences and Interdisciplinary Sciences
The institutional award recipients are:
- Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Institutions Established over 15 Years
- National Institute of Science Education and Research,Institutions Established within 15 Years
- Indian Institute of Science, Research Excellence in Natural Sciences
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, Research Excellence in Medical and Health Sciences
- Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Research Excellence in Engineering and Technology
- Guru Nanak Dev University, Research Excellence in Agricultural Sciences
- Indian School of Business, Research Excellence in Social Sciences and Interdisciplinary Sciences
- Aligarh Muslim University, Central University
- Bharathiar University, State University
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Deemed or Private University
- Christian Medical College Vellore, College – Professional Degree
- Loyola College, College – General Degree
About Web of Science Group
Web of Science Group organizes the world’s research information to enable academia, corporations, publishers and governments accelerate the pace of research. It is powered by the Web of Science – the world’s largest publisher-neutral citation index and research intelligence platform. Its many well-known brands also include Converis, EndNote, Kopernio, Publons, ScholarOne and the Institute for Scientific Information (ISI). The ‘university’ of Web of Science Group, ISI maintains the knowledge corpus upon which the index and related information and analytical content and services are built; it disseminates that knowledge externally through events, conferences and publications and it carries out research to sustain, extend and improve the knowledge base. The Web of Science Group is a Clarivate Analytics company. www.webofsciencegroup.com. @webofscience
About Clarivate Analytics
Clarivate Analytics plc (NYSE:CCC; CCC.WS) is a global leader in providing trusted insights and analytics to accelerate the pace of innovation. We have built some of the most trusted brands across the innovation lifecycle, including Web of Science™, Cortellis™, Derwent™, CompuMark™, MarkMonitor™ and Techstreet™. Today, Clarivate Analytics™ is on a bold entrepreneurial mission to help customers reduce the time from new ideas to life-changing innovations. For more information, please visit clarivate.com.
This press release and oral statements included herein may contain forward-looking statements regarding Clarivate Analytics. Forward-looking statements provide Clarivate Analytics’ current expectations or forecasts of future events and may include statements regarding results, anticipated synergies and other future expectations. These statements involve risks and uncertainties including factors outside of Clarivate Analytics’ control that may cause actual results to differ materially. Clarivate Analytics undertakes no obligation to update or revise the statements made herein, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.