Our 2022 Study among physicians provides significantly more detailed insights on the information seeking behaviors (content needs and channel preferences) of both, primary care physicians and key specialists.
To provide this greater level of details, our physician study runs in two different phases, each covering different topics, and each phase producing a separate specialty-specific report.
Phase I or Taking the Pulse, was fielded during March-June 2022 and it explores the circumstances when physicians look for Product, Medical and Patient information and/or services. It also explores how these types of content impact clinical decisions, with insights aligned to the key conditions each type of specialty treat.
Topics covered within Phase I – Taking the Pulse®
- Circumstances in which specialists need and seek out information
- Information and services needed in each circumstance
- Formats and attributes preferred for each type of content/services
- Channels preferred to access each type of content/services
- Information needs at key decision making points: immediately before, during, and after patient consultations
- Messaging conversion driving specialists to take specific actions after accessing each content type
- Patient requests, needs and outcomes from providing valued information support during physician patient consultations
- Physician-identified challenges in diagnosis and treatment of the patient conditions they treat, and factors affecting these challenges
- Severity of unmet need around each disease-specific challenge identified
- Information and service needs at the point of care that would help physicians address unmet needs and inform referral or prescribing behavior
- Treatment uptake, experiences, and adherence/switching factors for specific treatments by condition
- Information and service needs among physicians to support patients in managing their condition and lifestyle
Refer to our Phase II or Re-Taking the Pulse for more details on the topics covered within those reports.
This report contains the underlying data from Phase I – Taking the Pulse specific to China Neurologists (n=45) with insights aligned to the following conditions:
- Spinal muscular atrophy (SMA)
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Myasthenia gravis (MG)
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Parkinson’s disease
Please refer to the analysis of this data within the corresponding summary deck.