DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of endometriosis comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 14 mature and emerging pharmaceutical markets. We report both the diagnosed incidence and prevalence of endometriosis for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report. In addition to forecasting incident and prevalent patient populations, we forecast the number of drug-treatment opportunities in the major mature pharmaceutical markets.
DRG Epidemiology’s endometriosis forecast will answer the following questions:
- In developing countries, what impact will economic growth and development have on the number of people living with a diagnosis of endometriosis?
- Of all people diagnosed with endometriosis, how many in each of the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of endometriosis over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods. In addition, we provide a graph depicting the patient flow between or within different disease states for the major mature pharmaceutical markets. These patient-flow diagrams are provided at the regional level but may be requested for any specific country or forecast year.
In total, DRG Epidemiology forecasts ten endometriosis patient populations, as follows:
- Diagnosed incident cases.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed confirmed prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed surgically confirmed prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed clinically confirmed prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed suspected prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed stage I prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed stage II prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed stage III prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed stage IV prevalent cases.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Endometriosis - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
- Key Findings
- Key Updates
- Diagnosed Prevalence of Endometriosis per 1,000 Women Aged 15-54 in 2020 and 2040
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Endometriosis over the Next 20 Years
- Analysis of Surgically Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Endometriosis by ASRM Stage
- Epidemiology Data
- Diagnosed Incident Cases of Endometriosis
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Endometriosis
- Surgically Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Endometriosis by ASRM Stage
- Drug-Treated Prevalent Cases of Endometriosis
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Endometriosis
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Endometriosis
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Endometriosis