DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of Leber’s hereditary optic neuropathy (LHON) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in the major mature pharmaceutical markets (the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, and Japan). We report the diagnosed prevalence of LHON for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
DRG Epidemiology’s LHON forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of LHON over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In addition to the total number of cases for each forecast year, DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following LHON subpopulations:
- The proportion of diagnosed prevalent LHON cases that are attributable to one of three gene mutations: ND4, ND1, or ND6.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Leber's Hereditary Optic Neuropathy - Epidemiology - Mature Markets Data
- Key Findings
- Diagnosed Prevalence of Leber's Hereditary Optic Neuropathy per 100,000 People in 2018 and 2028
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Leber's Hereditary Optic Neuropathy over the Next Ten Years
- Analysis of Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Leber's Hereditary Optic Neuropathy in 2018 by Mutation Status
- Epidemiology Data
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases by Mutation Status
- Drug-Treatable Prevalent Cases
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Leber's Hereditary Optic Neuropathy
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Leber's Hereditary Optic Neuropathy
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Leber's Hereditary Optic Neuropathy