DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report the incidence of MPM for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
All patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets (United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, and Japan) and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report. In addition to forecasting the incident patient population, we estimate the number of drug-treatment opportunities in the mature markets.
DRG Epidemiology’s MPM forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will changes in the levels of exposure to known risk or protective factors affect the number of people diagnosed with MPM per year?
- How will improvements in survival change the number of people living with a diagnosis of MPM?
- How will the declining risk of recurrence change the number of people diagnosed with MPM per year?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of MPM over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is provided for full transparency into research and methods.
DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following MPM patient populations:
- Diagnosed incident cases.
- Diagnosed incident cases by resection status.
- Incidence of metastatic, recurrent MPM.
- First-line unresectable locally advanced or metastatic drug-treatable MPM population.
… and many more (details available upon request).
Note: Coverage may vary by country and region.
- Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma - Epidemiology - Mature Markets Data
- Key Findings
- Diagnosed Incidence of Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma per 100,000 per Year Among People of All Ages in 2019 and 2039ttttttttt
- Relative Sizes of the Factors Contributing to the Trend in Diagnosed Incident Cases of Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma over the Next 20 Yearsttttttttt
- Number of Diagnosed Incident Cases of Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma Avoided over 2019-2039 in the Countries Under Study due to Trends in Risk
- Patient Flow for Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma in the Major Pharmaceutical Markets Under Study, 2019
- Diagnosed Incident Cases
- Resection Status
- Recurrent Incident Cases
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Drug-Treatable Populations
- Epidemiology Data
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma