Clarivate Epidemiology’s coverage of upper tract urothelial carcinoma (UTUC) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report both the incidence and prevalence of UTUC for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets of the United States, Europe, and Japan and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report. In addition to forecasting incident and prevalent patient populations, we estimate the number of drug-treatment opportunities in specific lines of therapy in the major mature pharmaceutical markets.
Clarivate Epidemiology’s UTUC forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will changes in the levels of exposure to known risk or protective factors affect the number of people diagnosed with UTUC per year?
- In developing countries, what impact will economic growth and development have on the number of people diagnosed with UTUC per year?
- How will improvements in survival change the number of people living with a diagnosis of UTUC?
- How will a declining risk of recurrence change the number of first-line drug-treatment opportunities for UTUC?
- Of all people diagnosed with UTUC, how many in each of the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of UTUC over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the Clarivate Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In total, Clarivate Epidemiology forecasts 13 upper tract urothelial carcinoma patient populations, including the following:
- Diagnosed incident cases of UTUC.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of UTUC.
- Diagnosed incident cases of stage 0 UTUC.
- Diagnosed incident cases of stage I UTUC.
- Diagnosed incident cases of stage II UTUC.
- Diagnosed incident cases of stage III UTUC.
- Diagnosed incident cases of stage IV UTUC.
- Diagnosed incident cases of early-stage UTUC.
- Diagnosed incident cases of localized and resectable locally advanced UTUC.
- Diagnosed incident cases of unresectable locally advanced or metastatic UTUC.
… and more (details available on request).
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Upper Tract Urothelial Carcinoma - Epidemiology - Europe
- Epidemiology data
- Literature review (studies included in/excluded from the analyses of upper tract urothelial carcinoma)
- Diagnosed incident cases
- Stage distribution of upper tract urothelial carcinoma
- Locally recurrent incident cases
- Bladder recurrent incident cases
- Muscle invasiveness of bladder recurrent incident cases
- Metastatic recurrent incident cases of upper tract urothelial carcinoma
- Diagnosed prevalent cases
- Drug-treatable populations
- Drug-treated populations
- Risk / protective factors applied to disease forecast models
- Reference materials
- Abbreviation table