Clarivate Epidemiology’s coverage of cholangiocarcinoma comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report both the incidence and prevalence of cholangiocarcinoma for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets of the United States, Europe, and Japan and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report. In addition to forecasting incident and prevalent patient populations, we estimate the number of drug-treatment opportunities in specific lines of therapy.
Clarivate Epidemiology’s cholangiocarcinoma forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will improvements in survival change the number of people living with a diagnosis of cholangiocarcinoma?
- How will the declining risk of recurrence change the number of first-line drug-treatment opportunities for cholangiocarcinoma?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of cholangiocarcinoma over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the Clarivate Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
Clarivate Epidemiology forecasts the following cholangiocarcinoma patient populations:
- Diagnosed incident cases of intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma.
- Diagnosed incident cases of extrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma.
- Diagnosed incident cases of recurrent intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma.
- Diagnosed incident cases of recurrent extrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma.
- Diagnosed metastatic first-line drug-treatable intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma population.
- Diagnosed metastatic first-line drug-treatable extrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma population.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of extrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma.
- … and many more (details available on request).
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Cholangiocarcinoma - Epidemiology - Europe
- Epidemiology data
- Literature review (studies included in/excluded from the analyses of cholangiocarcinoma)
- Newly diagnosed incidence
- Stage distribution
- Recurrent incidence
- Diagnosed prevalence
- Drug-treatable populations
- Risk / protective factors applied to disease forecast models
- Reference materials
- Abbreviation table