Clarivate Epidemiology's coverage of ovarian cancer comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations across 45 countries worldwide. We report both the incidence and prevalence of ovarian cancer for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population. Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the mature pharmaceutical markets (the United States, Europe, and Japan) and over a period of ten years for the other countries covered in our study. In addition to forecasting incident and prevalent patient populations, the number of drug-treatment opportunities at specific lines of therapy are forecast across the world.
Clarivate Epidemiology's ovarian cancer forecast will answer the following questions:
- Of all people with ovarian cancer, how many in each country across the European pharmaceutical markets have been formally diagnosed?
- Of all people diagnosed with ovarian cancer, how many in each country across the European markets’ high income countries are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of ovarian cancer over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the Clarivate Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources.
A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods. In addition, we provide a graphical depiction of the patient flow between or within different disease states for the mature pharmaceutical markets. These patient flow diagrams are provided at the regional level, but they may be requested for any specific country or forecast year.
Clarivate Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following ovarian cancer patient populations:
- Diagnosed incident cases by stage distribution.
- Incident cases by BRCA mutation distribution.
- Diagnosed early-stage DTP by drug treatment.
- Diagnosed advanced-stage, first-line DTP by drug treatment.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases by drug treatment potential.
Additionally, for high income countries, Clarivate Epidemiology reports the following ovarian cancer patient populations:
- Diagnosed advanced-stage, second-line by platinum-sensitive status.
- Diagnosed advanced-stage, second-line platinum-resistant, platinum-refractory DTP.
- Diagnosed advanced-stage, second-line, platinum-sensitive status.
- Third-line DTP by drug treatment.
- Fourth and subsequent lines in drug-treatment subpopulation(s).
… and many more (details available on request).
Note: Coverage may vary by country and region.
- Ovarian Cancer - Epidemiology - Europe
- Key Findings
- Diagnosed Incidence of Epithelial Ovarian, Fallopian Tube, and Primary Peritoneal Cancer per 100,000 per Year Among Females of All Ages in 2021 and 2031
- Relative Sizes of Contributing Factors to the Trend in Incident Cases of Epithelial Ovarian, Fallopian Tube, and Primary Peritoneal Cancer Over the Next 10 Years
- Analysis of Diagnosed Incident Cases of Epithelial Ovarian, Fallopian Tube, and Primary Peritoneal Cancer Across Countries Under Study in 2021 by Cancer Type
- Analysis of Diagnosed Incident Cases of Epithelial Ovarian, Fallopian Tube, and Primary Peritoneal Cancer Across the Countries Under Study in 2021 by Stage Distribution
- Analysis of Diagnosed Incident Cases of Epithelial Ovarian, Fallopian Tube, and Primary Peritoneal Cancer Across the Countries Under Study in 2021 by BRCA Mutation
- Number of Incident Cases of Ovarian Cancer Avoided Over the Period 2021-2031 Across the Countries Under Study Due to Trends in Risk
- Epidemiology Data
- Newly Diagnosed Incidence
- Stage Distribution
- BRCA Status
- Recurrent Incidence
- Diagnosed Prevalence
- Drug-Treatable Populations
- Drug-Treated Populations
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Ovarian, Fallopian Tube, and Primary Peritoneal Cancer
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Ovarian, Fallopian Tube, and Primary Peritoneal Cancer
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Ovarian Cancer