DRG Epidemiology's coverage of malignant melanoma comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations across 45 countries worldwide. We report both the incidence and prevalence of malignant melanoma for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries we cover. In addition to forecasting incident and prevalent patient populations, the number of drug-treatment opportunities at specific lines of therapy are also forecast across the major mature pharmaceutical markets.
DRG Epidemiology's malignant melanoma forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will improvements in survival change the number of people diagnosed with malignant melanoma per year?
- How will decreasing recurrence risk change the number of people living with malignant melanoma?
- Of all people diagnosed with malignant melanoma, how many in each country across the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of malignant melanoma over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods. In addition, we provide a graphical depiction of the patient flow between or within different disease states for the countries under study. These patient flow diagrams are provided at the regional level, but may be requested for any specific country or forecast year.
DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following malignant melanoma patient populations:
- Diagnosed incident cases by stage
- Diagnosed prevalent cases by resectability status
- First recurrence by site
- First regional recurrence by resectability status
- Second recurrence by site
- Second regional recurrence by resectability status
- 1st-line nonresectable BRAF+ve and BRAF-ve DTP subpopulation(s)
- Adjuvant drug-treatable population
… and many more (details available on request).
Note: coverage may vary by country and region.
- Malignant Melanoma - Epidemiology - Asia Pacific Data
- Key Findings
- Incidence of Malignant Melanoma per 100,000 per Year Among People of All Ages in 2017 and 2027
- Depiction of the Patient Flow in Malignant Melanoma in the Asia Pacific in 2017
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in Incident Cases of Malignant Melanoma over the Next Ten Years
- Analysis of the Incident Cases of Malignant Melanoma in 2017 by Stage Distribution
- Epidemiology Data
- Lifetime DALYs Gained
- Diagnosed Incident Cases
- Stage Distribution of Malignant Melanoma
- Recurrent Incident Cases
- Brain Metastases Status
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Drug-Treatable Populations
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Malignant Melanoma
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Malignant Melanoma
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Malignant Melanoma