DRG Epidemiology's coverage of esophageal cancer comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations across 45 countries worldwide. We report both the incidence and prevalence of esophageal cancer for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets of the United States, Europe and Japan, and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report. In addition to forecasting incident and prevalent patient populations, the number of drug-treatment opportunities at specific lines of therapy are also forecast across the developed world.
DRG Epidemiology's esophageal cancer forecast will answer the following questions:
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods. In addition, we provide a graphical depiction of the patient flow between or within different disease states for the countries considered in this report. These patient flow diagrams are provided at the regional level, but may be requested for any specific country or forecast year.
DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following esophageal cancer patient populations stratified by squamous cell and adenocarcinoma:
• Esophageal Cancer Diagnosed Incidence.
• Esophageal Cancer Incident Cases by Stage Distribution.
• Esophageal Cancer Prevalent Cases.
• Esophageal Cancer Recurrent Incident Cases.
• Esophageal Cancer Adjuvant Drug-Treatable Population and Treatment Status.
• Esophageal Cancer 1st Line Drug-Treatable Population and Treatment Status.
• Esophageal Cancer 2nd Line Drug-Treatable Population and Treatment Status.
• Esophageal Cancer 3rd Line Drug-Treatable Population and Treatment Status.
Note: coverage may vary by country.