Clarivate Epidemiology’s coverage of esophageal cancer comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report both the incidence and prevalence of esophageal cancer for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report. In addition to forecasting incident and prevalent patient populations, we estimate the number of drug-treatment opportunities in specific lines of therapy in the major mature pharmaceutical markets.
Clarivate Epidemiology’s esophageal cancer forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will changes in the levels of exposure to known risk or protective factors affect the number of people diagnosed with esophageal cancer each year?
- How will improvements in survival change the number of people living with esophageal cancer?
- How will changes in the risk of recurrence change the number of people diagnosed with esophageal cancer each year?
- Of all people diagnosed with esophageal cancer, how many in each of the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of esophageal cancer over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the Clarivate Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In total, Clarivate Epidemiology forecasts 71 esophageal cancer patient populations, stratified by squamous cell and adenocarcinoma, including the following:
- Esophageal cancer diagnosed incidence.
- Esophageal cancer incident cases by stage distribution.
- Esophageal cancer prevalent cases.
- Esophageal cancer recurrent incident cases.
- Esophageal cancer adjuvant drug-treatable population and treatment status.
- Esophageal cancer first-line drug-treatable population and treatment status.
- Esophageal cancer second-line drug-treatable population and treatment status.
- Esophageal cancer third-line drug-treatable population and treatment status.
- … and many more (details available on request).
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Esophageal Cancer - Epidemiology - Americas
- Epidemiology data
- Literature review (studies included in/excluded from the analyses of esophageal cancer)
- Diagnosed incident cases of esophageal cancer
- Stage distribution of esophageal cancer
- Molecular subtype of esophageal adenocarcinoma: HER2 status
- Diagnosed incident cases of recurrent esophageal cancer
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of esophageal cancer
- Diagnosed drug-treatable populations of esophageal cancer
- Diagnosed drug-treated populations of esophageal cancer
- Risk / protective factors applied to disease forecast models
- Reference materials
- Abbreviation table