Clarivate Epidemiology’s coverage of chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report both the incidence and prevalence of CML for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets of the United States, Europe, and Japan and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report. In addition to forecasting incident and prevalent patient populations, we estimate the number of drug-treatment opportunities in specific lines of therapy in the developed world.
Clarivate Epidemiology’s CML forecast will answer the following questions:
- In developing countries, what impact will economic growth and development have on the number of people diagnosed with CML per year?
- How will improvements in survival change the number of people diagnosed with CML per year?
- Of all people diagnosed with CML, how many in each country are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of CML over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the Clarivate Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods. In addition, we provide a graph depicting the patient flow between or within different disease states. These patient-flow diagrams are provided at the regional level but may be requested for any specific country or forecast year.
Clarivate Epidemiology provides at least 10 years of forecast data for the following CML patient populations:
- Diagnosed incident cases of CML.
- Diagnosed incident cases of CML by phase distribution.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of CML.
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia - Epidemiology - Americas Data
- Key Findings
- Patient Flow Diagram of CML Patients Across the Countries Under Study in 2017
- Incidence of Chronic Myeloid Leukemia per 100,000 per Year Among People of All Ages in 2017 and 2027ttttttttt
- Relative Sizes of the Factors Contributing to the Trend in Incident Cases of Chronic Myeloid Leukemia over the Next Ten Yearstttttttt
- Prevalence of Chronic Myeloid Leukemia per 100,000 per year Among People of All Ages in 2017 and 2027ttttt
- Relative Sizes of the Factors Contributing to the Trend in Prevalent Cases of Chronic Myeloid Leukemia over the Next Ten Yearstttttttt
- Analysis of the Prevalent Cases of Chronic Myeloid Leukemia in 2017 by Drug-Treated Statusttttttt
- Epidemiology Data
- Newly Diagnosed Incidence
- Phase at Diagnosis
- Diagnosed Prevalence
- Drug-Treated Prevalence
- Drug-Treatable Populations
- Progression Events
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Chronic Myeloid Leukemia