Clarivate Epidemiology’s coverage of breast cancer comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report both the incidence and prevalence of breast cancer for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets of the United States, Europe, and Japan and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report. In addition to forecasting incident and prevalent patient populations, we estimate the number of drug-treatment opportunities in specific lines of therapy in the developed world.
Clarivate Epidemiology’s breast cancer forecast will answer the following questions:
- In developing countries, what impact will economic growth and development have on the number of people diagnosed with breast cancer per year?
- How will improvements in survival change the number of first-line drug-treatment opportunities for breast cancer?
- How will the declining risk of recurrence change the number of first-line drug-treatment opportunities for breast cancer?
- Of all people diagnosed with breast cancer, how many in each country in the developed world are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of breast cancer over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the Clarivate Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods. In addition, we provide a graph depicting the patient flow between or within different disease states for the countries considered in this report. These patient-flow diagrams are provided at the regional level but may be requested for any specific country or forecast year.
In total, Clarivate Epidemiology forecasts more than 100 breast cancer patient populations:
- Diagnosed incident cases: HR-positive/HER2-negative; HR-positive/HER2-positive; HR-negative/HER2-positive; HR-negative/HER2-negative.
- Drug-treatable prevalent cases: HR-positive/HER2-negative; HR-positive/HER2-positive; HR-negative/HER2-positive; HR-negative/HER2-negative.
- Drug-treatable populations by subtype and line of treatment (3+).
- Diagnosed prevalent cases: HR-positive/HER2-negative; HR-positive/HER2-positive; HR-negative/HER2-positive; HR-negative/HER2-negative.
- Drug-treated cases by [neo]adjuvant treatment of HR-positive/HER2-negative, HR-positive/HER2-positive, HR-negative/HER2-positive, and HR-negative/HER2-negative disease.
- Diagnosed incident cases of all subtypes of breast cancer by stage at diagnosis.
- … and many more (details available on request).
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Breast Cancer - Epidemiology - Asia-Pacific Data
- Epidemiology data
- Literature review (studies included in/excluded from the analyses of breast cancer)
- Newly diagnosed incidence
- Stage distribution
- Molecular subtype
- Recurrent incidence
- Diagnosed prevalence
- Drug-treatable populations
- Risk / protective factors applied to disease forecast models
- Reference materials
- Abbreviation table