Clarivate Epidemiology’s coverage of thyroid cancer comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report both the incidence and prevalence of thyroid cancer for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report. In addition to forecasting incident and prevalent patient populations, we estimate the number of drug-treatment opportunities in specific lines of therapy in the major mature pharmaceutical markets.
Clarivate Epidemiology’s thyroid cancer forecast will answer the following questions:
- Of all people diagnosed with thyroid cancer, how many of the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of thyroid cancer over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the Clarivate Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In total, Clarivate Epidemiology forecasts 47 thyroid cancer patient populations, including the following:
- Diagnosed incident cases of papillary thyroid cancer.
- Diagnosed incident cases of follicular thyroid cancer.
- Diagnosed incident cases of medullary thyroid cancer.
- Diagnosed incident cases of anaplastic thyroid cancer.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of papillary thyroid cancer.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of follicular thyroid cancer.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of medullary thyroid cancer.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of anaplastic thyroid cancer.
- Diagnosed incident cases of metastatic recurrent differentiated thyroid cancer refractory to radioactive iodine
- … and many more (details available on request).
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Thyroid Carcinoma - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
- Epidemiology data
- Literature review (studies included in/excluded from the analyses of thyroid cancer)
- Diagnosed incident cases
- Stage distribution of thyroid cancer
- Histology subtype
- Recurrent incident cases of thyroid cancer
- Diagnosed prevalent cases
- Drug-treatable populations
- Drug-treated population
- Risk/protective factors applied to disease forecast models
- Reference materials
- Abbreviation table