DRG Epidemiology's coverage of gastric cancer comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations across 45 countries worldwide. We report the prevalence of gastric cancer for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report. In addition to forecasting prevalent patient populations, the number of drug-treatment opportunities at specific lines of therapy are also forecast across the world.
DRG Epidemiology's gastric cancer forecast will answer the following questions:
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods. In addition, we provide a graphical depiction of the patient flow between or within different disease states for the countries considered in this report. These patient flow diagrams are provided at the regional level, but may be requested for any specific country or forecast year.
In total, DRG Epidemiology forecasts 97 gastric cancer patient populations, as follows:
Note: coverage may vary by country.
- How will changes in the levels of exposure to known risk or protective factors affect the number of people diagnosed with gastric cancer per year?
- In developing countries, what impact will economic growth and development have on the number of people diagnosed with gastric cancer per year?
- How will improvements in survival change the number of first-line drug-treatment opportunities for gastric cancer?
- How will decreasing recurrence risk change the number of first-line drug-treatment opportunities for gastric cancer?
- Of all people with gastric cancer, how many in each country across the developed world have been formally diagnosed?
- Of all people diagnosed with gastric cancer, how many in each country across the developed world are drug-treated?
- 3L metastatic HER2-ve drug-treated
- 3L metastatic HER2-ve non-drug-treated
- 2L metastatic HER2+ve drug treatable population
- 2L metastatic HER2+ve drug-treated
- 2L metastatic HER2+ve non-drug-treated
- 2L metastatic HER2-ve drug treatable population
- 2L metastatic HER2-ve drug-treated
- 2L metastatic HER2-ve non-drug-treated
- 3+4L metastatic HER2+ve drug treatable population
- 3+4L metastatic HER2+ve drug-treated
- … and many more (details available on request).
- Gastric Cancer - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
- Key Findings
- Key Updates
- Diagnosed Incidence of Gastric Adenocarcinoma per 100,000 per Year Among People of All Ages in 2018 and 2038
- Patient Flow Diagram for Gastric cancer Across Countries Under Study in 2018
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in Diagnosed Incident Cases of Gastric Adenocarcinoma over the Next 20 Years
- Analysis of Diagnosed Incident Cases of Gastric Adenocarcinoma in 2018 by Stage at Diagnosis
- Number of Diagnosed Incident Cases of Gastric Adenocarcinoma Avoided over 2018-2038 in the Countries Under Study
- Epidemiology Data
- Lifetime DALYs Gained
- Newly Diagnosed Incidence
- Stage Distribution
- Molecular Subtype
- Recurrent Incidence
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Drug Treatable Populations
- Drug Treated Populations
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Gastric Cancer
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Gastric Cancer
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome