Clarivate Epidemiology's coverage of gastric cancer comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report both the incidence and prevalence of gastric cancer for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
“Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report. In addition to forecasting incident and prevalent patient populations, we estimate the number of drug-treatment opportunities in specific lines of therapy in the major mature pharmaceutical markets.
Clarivate Epidemiology's gastric cancer forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will changes in the levels of exposure to known risk or protective factors affect the number of people diagnosed with gastric cancer each year?
- In developing countries, what impact will economic growth and development have on the number of people diagnosed with gastric cancer each year?
- How will improvements in survival change the number of first-line drug-treatment opportunities for gastric cancer?
- How will decreasing recurrence risk change the number of first-line drug-treatment opportunities for gastric cancer?
- Of all people diagnosed with gastric cancer, how many in each of the major pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of gastric cancer over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the Clarivate Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
Clarivate Epidemiology forecasts 47 gastric cancer patient populations, including the following:
- Diagnosed incident cases.
- Diagnosed adenocarcinoma incident cases.
- Diagnosed adenocarcinoma prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed adenocarcinoma cardia incident cases.
- Diagnosed adenocarcinoma incident cases by stage at diagnosis.
- Diagnosed adenocarcinoma HER2-negative incident cases.
- Diagnosed third- and fourth-line unresectable/metastatic HER2-positive drug-treatable population.
- Diagnosed non-drug-treated second-line unresectable/metastatic HER2-positive population.
- Diagnosed drug-treated third- and fourth-line unresectable/metastatic HER2-positive population.
- Diagnosed non-drug-treated third- and fourth-line unresectable/metastatic HER2-positive population.
- … and many more (details available on request).
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Gastric Cancer - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
- Epidemiology data
- Literature review (studies included in/excluded from the analyses of gastric cancer)
- Diagnosed incident cases
- Stage distribution of gastric adenocarcinoma
- Molecular subtype: HER2 status
- Recurrent incident cases of gastric cancer
- Diagnosed prevalent cases
- Drug-treatable populations
- Drug-treated populations
- Risk / protective factors applied to disease forecast models
- Reference materials
- Abbreviation table