DRG Epidemiology's coverage of esophageal cancer comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations across the major mature pharmaceutical markets (the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom and Japan). We report both the incidence and prevalence of esophageal cancer for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report. In addition to forecasting incident and prevalent patient populations, the number of drug-treatment opportunities at specific lines of therapy are also forecast across the major mature pharmaceutical markets.
DRG Epidemiology's esophageal cancer forecast will answer the following questions:
• How will changes in the levels of exposure to known risk or protective factors affect the number of people diagnosed with esophageal cancer per year?
• How will improvements in survival change the number of people living with esophageal cancer?
• How will changes in recurrence risk change the number of people diagnosed with esophageal cancer per year?
• Of all people diagnosed with esophageal cancer, how many in each country across the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
• How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of esophageal cancer over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods. In addition, we provide a graphical depiction of the patient flow between or within different disease states for the major mature pharmaceutical markets. These patient flow diagrams are provided at the regional level, but may be requested for any specific country or forecast year.
DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following esophageal cancer patient populations stratified by squamous cell and adenocarcinoma:
• Esophageal Cancer Diagnosed Incidence.
• Esophageal Cancer Incident Cases by Stage Distribution.
• Esophageal Cancer Prevalent Cases.
• Esophageal Cancer Recurrent Incident Cases.
• Esophageal Cancer Adjuvant Drug-Treatable Population and Treatment Status.
• Esophageal Cancer 1st Line Drug-Treatable Population and Treatment Status.
• Esophageal Cancer 2nd Line Drug-Treatable Population and Treatment Status.
• Esophageal Cancer 3rd Line Drug-Treatable Population and Treatment Status.