DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of osteoporosis comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 14 mature and emerging pharmaceutical markets worldwide. We report the prevalence of osteoporosis for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report.
DRG Epidemiology’s osteoporosis forecast will answer the following questions:
- Of all people with osteoporosis, how many in each of the major mature pharmaceutical markets have been formally diagnosed?
- Of all people diagnosed with osteoporosis, how many in each country of the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of osteoporosis over the forecast period?
- How will changes in the levels of exposure to known risk or protective factors affect the number of people at high risk of hip fracture or other major osteoporotic fracture?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following osteoporosis patient populations:
- Total prevalent cases of osteoporosis.
- Total prevalent cases by diagnosis
- Diagnosed prevalent cases by drug-treatment
Note: Coverage may vary by country and region.
- Osteoporosis - Epidemiology - Europe
- Key Findings
- Key Updates
- Total Prevalence of Osteoporosis per 1,000 Among People Aged 40+ in 2021 and 2041
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in Osteoporosis Over the Next 20 Years
- Epidemiology Data
- Total Prevalent Cases
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Drug-Treated Prevalent Cases
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Osteoporosis
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Osteoporosis
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Osteoporosis