DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of primary biliary cholangitis (PBC) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in the major mature pharmaceutical markets (the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, and Japan). We report both the incidence and prevalence of PBC in each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets of the United States, Europe, and Japan.
DRG Epidemiology’s PBC forecast will answer the following questions:
- Of all people diagnosed with PBC, how many in each of the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of PBC over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following PBC populations:
- Diagnosed prevalent cases by biopsy scheme.
- Fibrosis stage.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases with fatigue.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases with pruritus.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases with jaundice.
- Drug-treated prevalent cases of PBC.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases that respond to UDCA.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Primary Biliary Cholangitis - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
- Key Findings
- Diagnosed Prevalence of Primary Biliary Cholangitis per 100,000 People Aged 20+ in 2020 and 2040ttttttttt
- Relative Sizes of Contributing Factors to the Trend in Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Primary Biliary Cholangitis over the Next 20 Yearsttttttttt
- Analysis of the Drug-Treated Prevalent Cases of Primary Biliary Cholangitis in 2020 by UDCA Responsettttttttt
- Diagnosed Incident Cases
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases Based on Biopsy
- Stage of Fibrosis
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases with Fatigue
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases with Pruritus
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases with Jaundice
- Drug-Treated Prevalent Cases of Primary Biliary Cholangitis
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Primary Biliary Cholangitis Based on Response to UDCA
- Epidemiology Data
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Primary Biliary Cholangitis
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Primary Biliary Cholangitis
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Primary Biliary Cholangitis